Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Diggin' for Gold

Two things I'm not sure about...
#1, why are these Peruvian men CONSTANTLY picking their noses? 
I mean not ALL...but definitely LOTS!  They look me dead in the eye when I'm talking while they shove 3/4 their hand up their nose.  It's SO hysterically disgusting.  THREE students unabashadly did this today alone...and one even pulled out a roll of toilet paper and started cleaning his ear while he answered a question in class.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! 

And secondly, I'm not sure what happened but http://mauinow.com/2011/08/24/no-tsunami-threat-in-hawaii-after-6-peru-quake/  I think I experienced my 1st earthquake...it wasn't knock-the-pictures-off-the-walls ....it felt more like electricity was shaking its way through the building.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the continued blog, Em! This is all incredibly interesting ... and reading your notes as that stranger in a strange land is fascinating. All of us are thinking of you, Emily, knowing that, with your strong determination and sense of humor, you will go far on this great journey. Thanks for taking us along ... with our love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah..well at least they're not worried about putting their best foot forward. What you see is what you get.....unles, omg, maybe there are worse habits they're hiding! Anyway, don't let your good breeding fall by the wayside - instead, teach them better habits. A lesson could be..."I will not pick my nose in public, you will not pick your nose in public, etc."

    ReplyDelete