Monday, August 1, 2011

Corazones de Pollo

Well here's one thing i didn't expect:  All my websites are converted to Spanish. 
...this should be fun! hahaha
After tooo much traveling I have finally landed in Lima, Peru.   (*I figured an airline with such cheap flights wouldn't be a 4-Star experience...I was right. Not even a bag of peanuts for 9 hours of flying!)
Also, Ft Lauderdale may not be a layover I'd pick again. Security was worse than O'Hare and my last burger & glass of tap water had much to be desired.
ANYWHO~My host family is WONDERFUL...not much English in the house but somehow we've been talking non-stop.  Landed last night about 10, it was 70degreen & humid, but today it quite cold.  Straight from the airport was some of the craziest driving I have ever experienced (which is saying A LOT!). The lines on the road are a waste of paint. We drove back to their place all along the ocean. The thick air was a nice change from the re-breathed interior of a plane.  **I'm back on the South Pacific!
We dropped off my bags and met (host family dad)Martin's sister & her family for a very late dinner at Roky's, a Polish-themed Peruvian food family restaurant w/ karaoke upstairs and a pit of plastic balls for kids to play in downstairs.  I came within a hair's breath of eating chicken hearts.

Today started with a late breakfast of leftovers from the chicken/steak/hearts dinner. I gave the kids (Valeria11, Luciana6, Vanessa5 & Pablo2) some American candy bars and now they call me 'tia' :)
...this afternoon was just relaxing and more talking en Espanol.  Met (host family mom)Marlene's brothers: Caesar & Roman. A very timid ex-nanny stopped by, said 'hola' & left.  They seemed to think that was normal?  Roman stayed for dinner & tried to convert my internet to English..dunno-we'll see.  Also they made a concoction of rum, coffee, milk & something else that tastes like a hot Kaluah - I am in love with it!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a welcome end to a very long day. I bet your Spanish is getting better every hour. Met a couple just back from Lima who had a picture of their dinner. A guinea pig garnished with giant hot dogs.....I kid you not. They were horrified-I guess it's just a matter of what you're used to and how hungry you are. Enjoy the diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotta include pics of some of this yummy food you're eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot black russsssssian! black peruvian?

    ReplyDelete