Monday, August 29, 2011

5' 5" Super Modela

Exams are done & I saw the SUN last week for the 1st time!!!
It lasted 47 minutes.
I almost cried.

Also there are 2 Americans here; one's this semi-obnoxious asian chic from NY &the other is a very very VERY (did i say "very"?) short cocky lil' guy...neither one of them gave a good 1st impression, but the shorty asked me to meet them out for drinks this next week...
I'll be surprised if i like this guy...but I hope I am surprised!
Culturally this is a married-&-three-kids-by-24  kinda nation, so I'll take any kind of social life I can get!

Did lots this past weekend!   Saturday (last minute) Martin remembered they were supposed to be at his cousin's Bautizo (baptism). So we made it to the reception at a very nice big house, just a few blocks away from here. The hosts, Martin's cousins, speak excellent English & so after kissing every stranger at this reception goodbye  (while they each tell me the one thing they know how to say in English - so cute and probably the equivilant to us over-pronouncing "Adios" to the foreign exchange student!) we stayed & had a glass of wine w/ Anna-Louisa & Flavio.
I've never met a couple with more degrees! Very smart and very sweet.

We woke up early Sunday morning (w/ a champagne headache from the night before) and the WHOLE family took off to Ñaña, a place in the foothills outside Lima.  The destination ended up being a Police Club (Marlene's father & oldest brother were/are cops).  We BBQ'd and played volleyball/soccer all day...had a great time. 
I even ended up w/ a little sunburn <<that's what I'm talkin about!
 
another type of taxi...covered motorcycles/tricycle thingy's

National Lampoon's Peruvian Vacation!

Pablo at the Police Club in Ñaña, Lima


This 1st month was quite bleek but there are sunny spots to cling to..*NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH are YOUR comments on this journal & my FB page. I have appreciated every single word of encouragement.
I was walking down the street the other day when a well dressed old man got out of his Mercedes& stopped me with "Good afternoon my Queen" (in Spanish of course).
It was little, but it made me feel like a 5'5" super modela for a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment