Monday, December 19, 2011

Adios tradition

Things are getting better -- then they get worse -- then they get better --
(rinse lather repeat). 
I think it's just the onslaught of the holiday season. Thanksgiving was non-existent & Christmas has been on it's way to doing the same. Marlene is in Panama till Feb. I think & the grandparents are going up to spend Christmas with Cesar. That would leave me with Martin, the kids, Roman & Gabby for Christmas here.

But today was a good day.
After a long weekend of wallowing in self-pity, loneliness & homesickness, I decided to get my butt out of the house & meet Andhi & Frisbee people at the Faro de Miraflores (lighthouse on the malecon).  It turned out to be a simple but great day!
Just one other dude, Carlos, showed up. So the 3 of us scooted down the way & ended up playing Frisbee all day overlooking the Pacific (*thanks to SPF 45) next to the massive all day Sunday drum-circle (of like 20-30ppl)! 
And if you can improve at Frisbee, I am.  I learned to throw it some-kinda backwards today!



Andhi & Carlos posing in front of the ocean with the frisbee & sunset.
  
<<there's a small earthquake going on RIGHT NOW! AAH!>>

Anyways, we even recruited some young kid to play too ... It was a beautiful sunny day & the time just flew! 
Peter & Sandra showed up around 7.  Sandra invited us over for Christmas - so I guess I'll be having dinner w/ my buddy, his girlfriend & just her 3 sisters (since the rest of her family is fighting). Adios tradition.



In Peru, apparently they have street signs for Asians.
  

Other things:
Got our December bonus pay - much needed since we all only have one class this month.


Came home tonite to my brother/sister roommate/landlords curled up on a chair giggling watching Sex in the City. They are awkwardly close sometimes.

An old friend from DLR days, Tait,  found me & wants to come down to Peru for a visit. Dunno if it'll happen - last I saw him he was a quite the party boy, but it would be nice to have someone to travel around with. He sounds pretty amp'd but at this point he doesn't even have a passport (so not exactly holding my breath).

Also, haven't seen the humongous cucarachas for a couple days so hopefully they're gone. Hopefully.

P.S., I just want to send a shout-out to WATER;
both hot & cold.
I'm really glad you're back in my life on a reliable basis!

<<that 'tremmor' just stopped -- 11minutes later!!>>

No comments:

Post a Comment