Tuesday, September 20, 2011

playing with monkeys...I hope

OK, so when was the last time you took your ("foreign exchange") teacher on a tour of art galleries or to a zoo?!
Well last week (after barely mentioning that I was interested in "art") one of my students (Pilar) brought in the newspaper full of art events &exhibits then after class drove me around to some local art galleries AND went through the exhibits with me!
I understand that somewhat the aim is to improve their English by hangin out with me but..
Wow. Beyond.
Another student (Erick) approached me with a plethora of things he would love to take me to do...obviously again, the trade off is time w/ me to practice the language -but c'mon! the offers are MORE than hospitable.
It's hard (as an American I suppose) to accept the kindness, so clearly I am secretly suspect...

But for now, I'm going to a rescue Zoo (in PERU!) in the morning with Erick & his veterinarian friend from Brazil to volunteer with the animals...
Apparently I will be able to play with the monkeys & hold a falcon or something crazy like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment